Saturday 16 June 2012

Oh to be Mrs Monty Don!!

I am being British and hopeful that summer will one day arrive and it is worth putting effort into my garden!  HOPE - that is definitely what I think us British have to have in abundance otherwise we would get so depressed in this weather!  I have started transforming my garden from the one we moved into to the one I want it to be.




June is here and the roses are coming out and the hanging baskets are starting to fill out and the bloody weather is awful!  I decided to go out in between showers and take some photos of some of the best bits in my garden so at least I can enjoy them from my laptop even if I can go out and be with them.  Even Monty Don on Gardeners World is doing all his jobs at Long Meadow in the pouring rain with his fussy hair caked to his head - I love you Monty!


Mum and I went to Gardeners World Live yesterday and had a fantastic day!  I so wanted to meet Monty but he wasn't there.  Yes I have a secret crush on him - not secret anymore now I have told all of you!!!  It was my first time at Gardeners World Live and The Good Food Show Live was on as well. 


The Floral Marquee was to die for.  Amazing flower displays and millions of plants to buy.  I found lots of new plants I loved but I always end up chosing a rose as my best in show!



We went around the show gardens outside first as the sun was shining when we first got there.  We had a Pimms and saw Joe Swift and then wandered around the marquee and the stalls.
I bought a daisy plant that had pinky white delicate daisies on to put amoungst my Alliums.  Yes I know all the names and everything - I should be Mrs Monty Don!!  I don't think my husband would mind.  Here are some more pics from the day!

Being a Vintage loving gal my absolute best in show as I said was a rose and I loved it because the colour was a chocolate pink that was such a vintage looking colour.  Here it is.  It was called Hot Chocolate but I'm calling it Nostalgic Vicky's Vintage Hope......






1 comment :

  1. Just gorgeous - the upside of all this wet weather is plants this year are looking lovely and lush :)

    Loving the flower covered Mini - I must not try that with Bertie!!

    ReplyDelete